There are millions of Gmail users around the world and it is often advised that every user should keep on changing its Gmail password regularly to keep it safe. However, a lot of users forget their login credentials due to frequent changes in a password. Thankfully, Google has provided a very easy and straightforward method to recover lost Gmail password. If you have also lost your Gmail password and wondering how do I recover my Gmail account password or username then keep reading this post. Here we have provided some simple Instructions by which you can recover your lost Gmail login credentials.
How to Recover Your Gmail Login Password?
The simplest method to recover a lost Gmail password is to retrieve the lost credentials using a verification code.
- First of all, open Gmail home page and provide your email address.
- Then click on “I don’t know my password” when prompted to enter the password.
- In case you have linked your phone number or email, you will receive a Gmail forgot password verification code.
- Enter the verification code and you will be able to reset your password easily.
How to reset my Gmail password when I don’t remember my recovery information?
In case you don’t know the recovery phone number or email address then you must be thinking how do I get my Gmail password when I forget it? Well, in that case, you need to prove your identity manually. Follow the steps given below.
- Open Gmail and enter your Gmail email id.
- Click on “I don’t know my password” and you will be redirected to the account recovery page.
- Click on “Try another way” when you are asked about your account recovery options or verification code.
- Now answer all the security questions to the best of your knowledge. Generally, the questions are about the frequent locations of logging into Gmail account, date of creation of Gmail account etc.
- Google will investigate your issue and let you access the account.
In case you are wondering how do I find out what my Gmail password is instantly then this method is not for you. Generally, it takes around 3 to 5 days for Google to investigate and revert back.
How can I recover my Gmail account when I remember the password, not the username?
- You can find your Gmail Account username in your web browser history.
- Just search the history of your web browser with the terms like “Inbox” or “Gmail” and see if it reveals your email address or not.
- The username is the term before the “@” character of a full email address.
I’ve lost my Gmail password and Google can’t verify my identity.
Google is very much concerned about the security of its users. It won’t let you access the Gmail account without verifying your identity. It is recommended that you should keep on answering questions that Google asks to verify your identity.
There are dozens of possible question that Google may ask you to verify your identity. It is also advised that you should immediately update your account recovery phone number and email address after getting the access to Gmail account. Recovery phone number and email are the best medium how do you recover your email password swiftly.