Gmail Password Recovery and Reset Support
Gmail is the most popular email service today which is widely used by millions of people to send or receive mails over the internet. Although it's very easy to operate Gmail; yet many users faces issues with it every once in a while. One of most common problems exist which happens with almost every Gmail user lies with password and its recovery. There are numerous possibilities with which you can end up losing your password or to put it simply that you no longer can access your Gmail account such as when you forget your password or when somebody hacks your Gmail – the prospects are endless. But that doesn't mean that there’s no hope for you to recover your lost/forgotten password.
To get your Gmail back to normalcy, there’s one way to recover the missing piece of password puzzle. For that you're only left with the choice of following the Gmail Recovery Process & Options Associated with it. This Article aims to provide help/support to people who use Gmail but don't know what to do when they can't access it. Read the article to know what exactly to do when things go out of control in Gmail.
There are basically three ways with which a user can recover his/her Gmail password -
1. Password Recovery through the email address
2. Password Recovery through the Mobile number
3. Password Recovery through the alternate prompts.
Among these, option two is the best way to reset/recover your Gmail Password and just in case if it doesn't work for you, you are free to try other methods mentioned above to yield result.
Recover Gmail Password Through The Mobile
1. At first, access to the sign in page of Gmail
2. Now, click on the link 'Need Help' shown right below the Gmail sign in option
3. Over the next page you can see an option 'I don’t know my password' that shown right below to the heading 'Having trouble signing in?'
4. Now select, 'I don't know my password' and enter the email address that shown right below the message. Then, Click On Continue
5. Over the next page, verify the CAPATCA. In case the CAPTCHA is not appeared in the readable format, then click on refresh icon to get the new verification code.
6. The next page is the verification tab, where the users need to verify their account legitimacy through the mobile number. Over there, Gmail provided two options for getting the code. One option of getting the code is through an automated call and the other option is through an automated SMS.
7. Once after finish the verification, you will get a tab to reset the Gmail password.
Gmail Password Recovery through the Alternative Email Address
If the password recovery through the mobile number not works for you, then choose this secondary email option for recovering the alternative email address. Here is the procedure for that. (Continuing From 5):
1. Click on Other options and select the alternative email address for getting the password access.
2. Now, check your alternative email address for the verification link. Click on that link. It will redirect you to the page of account recovery where you can reset the Gmail password. Enter your new password there multiple times and click then 'Create New password'.
Let's understand another way to recover your password –
1. Click on the link given -> https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/recoveryidentifier?flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=ServiceLogin
2. Enter your Email Address/ID as asked on the login page.
3. You'll be asked to enter the last password you remembered, Enter it and click on 'continue'. In case you don't remember it, then you can click on 'try a different question' link given.
4. There you can try either of the following options –
- log-in using your Date of Birth
- The date & Year when you created Gmail account.
5. You've successfully logged in to your Account and can change the password (if required).
Things to Remember
- Never configure your Gmail with a weak unsteady password.
- Make sure that the password you entered does not resemble with your existing password. The reason behind such a recommendation is that, if the new password you’ll be entering matched with the existing one then it will be vulnerable enough for hackers to take control of your Gmail Account.
- If yours alternate email address is not a Gmail hosted one, then there is a possibility that Google verification link has fallen in other folders instead of the primary one. To address such issues, Gmail customer service is always available to help the user with his/her issues.
Password Recovery by Gmail App
You can try this method to fix your Gmail account forgot fault, simply follow the mentioned steps -
- First, open the Gmail app.
- Tap on '+' icon & add your Gmail ID/address.
- Now, you will need to hit 'Google'.
- After that, type the email or phone number associated with your Gmail account in the labeled field and tap 'next'.
- Following that, click on Forgot password option.
- Type the previous password you remember and tap 'next'.
- Now you can select the choice for verification either by choosing 'verify a text to the phone number' or 'mailing the verification message to the email address'.
- Once done with the above step, you will need to confirm the verification mail you received on email id or check verification text message on phone.
- For the latter, remember the verification code receiver in the message box.
- Now, you can easily generate a new password using by providing the code and confirming it.
- Following that, you'll need to tap 'next' and 'accept'.
- Your password resetting is done and now you can access your Gmail Account.