The Google’s Gmail is outstanding mailing platform for any kind of small and large enterprise. Not merely for business, but you can use it as for personal reason also. Because Gmail facilitates you numerous of features and services which help us to maintain all the activities including personal and professional. And if we configure any webmail service with Gmail then its features increase as well. Suppose if you want to configure the Gmail without a look, you have to first enable your IMAP first then you can easily configure with outlook.
How do I add a Gmail account to Outlook?
In this post I let you know how easily you can configure the outlook with Gmail. So that you can use your account in an effective way. But before that, you have to enable your IMAP in Gmail first. For this:
- Go to your Gmail account by entering your email address and password.
- Now look on the top right side where the setting icon is located, scroll down and find the setting option. Once you find it hit it.
- Now click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP option and choose Enable IMAP option.
- Finally, click on save changes.
Now configure the outlook with Gmail:
- In your Microsoft outlook account, open your file menu and choose the info tab then click on add account.
- Once new window will appear, click on “Manual setup or additional server setup and click on next option”.
- After that select POP or IMAP option and click on next button.
- The user information section will appear and enter your name and email address. And enter the various information such as:
- Account type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
- Enter the following login information and click on more setting.
- In internet email setting, you have to click on an outgoing server and check the box which is next to “my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication & click on advanced tab.
- Now you have to adjust the server setting:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587 and click ok to save it. And click on next button.
- Once you did it, then outlook test your account setting once it completes, click close, then click on finish and your account will be configured
- Might be possible some of the users change their app security setting when they using an Android email program or non-Google. So, signed in your Gmail account, open your Google apps menu and choose my account.
- Sign in security option will appear; here you have to select connected apps and sites. Then scroll down to change the setting of “allow less secure apps” you have to it. Now you are able to connect your account to an email client.
By the following process, your account will configure the outlook with Gmail and without any trouble, you can use your account but if you have doubt then fix with technical consultants.